Viridian is a character owned by Terry Cavanagh and is an unlockable fighter. They appear in the game VVVVVV.
Trophy Quote Edit
"Viridian is the captain of the D.S.S. Souleye. When his ship fell victim to the VVVVVV dimension and his crew teleported away, it became his mission to rescue them all and forge a way home. His hallmark ability to flip his own gravity was crucial on this perilous journey." ― Viridian's Trophy Description.
"Captain Viridian managed to find 20 trinkets strewn around Dimension VVVVVV while searching for his crew. Once he gave them all to Victoria, the ship's researcher, she was able to discover a Secret Laboratory! Strangely, trinkets also play songs in the ship's jukebox." ― Shiny Trinket's Trophy Description.
Character Origin Edit
Captain Viridian is a Villi and pilots the D.S.S. Souleye. The game they represent is VVVVVV. In the game they originates from, their most prominent ability is flipping gravity, which helps them traverse the landscape known as Dimension VVVVVV.
Viridian is a lightweight character in Indie Pogo. Instead of a double jump, this character can hold the jump button to invert his gravity. Their down attack is a powerful spike that becomes a screen reaching projectile.
Neutral Aerial | Orbit : Viridian spins several times, dealing 2 damage per hit. This move can be preformed while reversing gravity. If Viridian touches the ground when still performing this move, his landing lag will be increased.
Up Aerial | AVOID: Viridian summons an Avoid! sign above him while propelling itself a little bit upwards dealing 7 damage.
Down Aerial | VVV: Viridian does a powerful red "VVV" stomp below him dealing 5 damage and spiking enemies. The spike then becomes a screen reaching downwards projectile dealing 2 damage.
Grounded Charge | Enemy : Viridian summons a small flashing crosshair, that moves up above him slightly, then moves back downwards back towards him. The crosshair deals 2 damage. The longer this move is charged, the higher the crosshair will go above Viridian. After the charge is released, Viridian can move and attack as normal while the target moves, making it a great combo tool.
SUPER | Extra Gravity : Viridian does a huge shockwave dealing 3 damage and pinning enemies to the ground.
Alternate Skins Edit
As Viridian's design is single-colored, their alternate skins changetheir coloration to that of their fellow crew members from the D.S.S. Souleye.
Based off Viridian's appearance in VVVVVV (Base Skin).
Based off Vitellary, another character in VVVVVV.
Based off Violet, another character in VVVVVV.
Based off Vermilion, another character in VVVVVV.
Based off Victoria, another character in VVVVVV.
Based off Verdigris, another character in VVVVVV.
- Viridian can use any aerial move out of a roll jump to keep his momentum going while performing the attack.
- The Up Aerial seem to be refreshed when used very close to the ground. It allows for grounded anti-air attacks without even touching the ground
- Their SUPER can be used to spike enemies into the bottom blast zone when they are above a pit.
- Viridian can use their Neutral Aerial while going upwards. This can be used to put enemies in a vulnerable position or even send them directly to the blast zone.
"Insert your strategy here" ― Insert your username here
- Viridian was implemented before CommanderVideo, but joined the roster afterward as the 9th playable character.
- Viridian is the most expensive character to unlock, tied to their complexity. As an opposite - and almost an irony to the difficulty of VVVVVV - his shop-only skins are the easiest to get, costing 25 coins each.
- Viridian stays true to their appearance in VVVVVV: pixelated, simple, and without any detail. This isn't the case of other fighters like Welltaro.
- Viridian is labeled as male throughout their trophy quote, but their gender is actually unknown and up to debate among the VVVVVV community.
- Viridian is the second oldest Indie character in Indie Pogo (with CommanderVideo as the first), making his debut on January 11, 2010.
External Links Edit
|Current Characters||Blockman • CommanderVideo • Fishy • Jack • Lilac • Orcane • Penelope • Shovel Knight • Stardrop • Teslakid • Velocispider • Viridian • Welltaro • Zorbié|
|Upcoming Characters||Kick • Octodad • Dust • Gunvolt • Voltar • Bullet Kin|